Before a couple can be accepted to undergo the IVF fertility treatment they should be ready in terms of the physical, psychological, emotional, and financial aspects. It requires one or more cycles of the treatment to have increased chances of IVF success.
Selection criteria in in-vitro fertilisation include age, physical health, and emotional health.
- Up to 43 years old- woman using her own eggs
- Up to 50 years old- woman using donor eggs
- Up to 50 years old- woman using frozen embryos
- <50 years old- couples who prefer to have a surrogate mother
- Balanced weight- to avoid high-risk pregnancies.
- If any of the couple is a chronic drinker or using illegal drugs is not accepted. One must undergo and complete a substance abuse treatment program.
- Non-smoker- if a smoker, they are advised to quit smoking first.
- If any of the couples has psychiatric problems, one must undergo appropriate therapy to be qualified.
- Any severe relationship problems of the couple should be addressed first before the IVF treatment process.